I believe that Paul Houston, from the Association of Administrators, explains our ultimate goal:
"They are not YOUR chidren and MY children. They're OUR children. We cannot build walls high enough or thick enough to separate them. We have to come together.
If each of us could look those children in the eyes for a week, our priorities would change."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I could not agree more!
As a responsible adult how could one not want the most for any child in any classroom. To do other than this is to allow your biases, your filters your prejudices become more important than the child. How sad!
I don't understand how we lose this perspective and seem to not be able to get back to where the children are the priority. Adults in responsible positions need to be held accountable for the poorest student in the poorest school. This is not an appalchian problem, but there are so many policies that just don't make sense for children and families. We all know that they don't work so how do we get them fixed?
Post a Comment